French Technical Helpdesk
Up to £32000 per annum + good benefits parking hybrid
French Techniical Support Engineer. Great opportunity with good salary and prospects for the successful applicant.
A well established, successful, friendly business in Guildford that supplies and develops a bespoke software package for a niche UK and International market require a fluent French with English speaking IT Support Engineer.
The primary responsibility of the position is to assist customers with program support. This is mostly dealing with general queries on the day to day use of the program as well as technical queries in the following areas:
- the set-up and maintenance of the program
- interfaces to other programs that the customer may be using
Additionally the successful applicant will have to:
- create bespoke reports using the SQL database query language and Report Builder
- write and maintain bespoke XML jobs
- give demonstrations of the programs key features to potential customers
- demonstrate advanced features to existing customers
- attend trade shows and conferences
The successful applicant will be expected to interact with customers in a professional, courteous and timely manner. Customer contact will mostly be in the form of a telephone conversation or email but will sometimes require on-site visits which may be overseas to French speaking countries.
- Experience of supporting software applications or products within a helpdesk environment is a must as is a first class telephone manner, customer service skills and the ability to work in a team.
- Whilst previous knowledge in SQL, XML and/or Report Builder would be advantageous, training in these areas, and in our systems, will be provided.
- Fluent in both English and French is necessary
- Excellent written/verbal skills
- Exceptional communication & analytical skills
- Strong Customer service skills
- Ability to work within a team
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgement
- Starting salary of £32,000 dep. exp.
- Opportunity to progress your skills and experience.
- 24 days holiday plus BH, rising to 27 on length of service.
- Hours 8:30-4:30 or 9:30-6; 37.5 hours - 1 hour for lunch (HYBRID - 3 days from office, 2 days WFH)
- Casual Dress
- Social Events twice year - free
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Healthcare includes 50% discount off gym next door
- Discounts on other gadgets and products
- Free mobile unlimited text and calls, 30Gb data + £30 extra spend allowance, upgraded mobile every 2 years
- Discretionary Bonus