To assist the senior engineer in maintaining all equipment and the building through correct implementation of procedures.
- Adhere to all Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM) schedules.
- All repairs shall be done to a high standard and such that the safety and operational functionality of the equipment is not affected.
- Ensure that any temporary repairs are only for a short period and the permanent repair completed as soon as possible.
- Ensure that the area and equipment is safe before any maintenance is carried out.
- On completion of any works, the relevant documentation is correctly completed.
- Ensure that the area and the equipment are left in a clean and tidy manner by removing all tools, spares and repair aids.
- All tools must be removed from the area of work and be signed back to the correct location.
- All repairs must be done in a timely manner and signed off when complete.
- Ensure that all repair work carried out on equipment must comply with the relevant safety regulation.
- Keep the work shop clean and tidy at all times to prevent the risk of contaminating the product.
- To ensure the safety of visiting engineers and contractors as well as their adherence to all relevant company policies.
- To complete any reasonable additional tasks as requested by the senior engineer or management.
Key qualities and skills:
- Be able to work confidently under own initiative
- Must be computer literate
- Training in engineering, thus demonstrating knowledge in maintenance of equipment.
- Must have a good command in English, both written and spoken.
- Have an understanding of overall Health and Safety requirements.
- Able to work to tight time lines and under stress.