Do you have experience of using Solidworks 3D modelling software and looking to start a career in producing designs and 3D drawings?
We are seeking a CAD Technician to provide technical support and create design plans working alongside an Engineering Manager, out in the field visiting sites.
What will you be doing?
- You'll be visiting sites with an Engineering Manager to survey the site and prepare working drawings using 3D modelling software Solidworks.
- After the site survey you'll produce designs in the office, for the technical surveyors to show to clients to assist their choice of design and then produce an accurate design to incorporate client and surveyor instructions.
- Using 3D design you'll assist the engineering process by illustrating the structure or components within the installation.
- You may be required to produce designs to form technical manuals for use by the engineering team.
- Read specification documents to establish what the surveyor has sold to the customer and work out what design is required.
What do you need?
- Knowledge of Solidworks software essential.
- Ability to understand engineering principles
- Good numeracy and computer skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Experience of working in an engineering CAD environment advantageous.
- Must pass a security vetting check.
What's on offer?
- Starting salary up to £25,000
- Training and development (you might be a grad with some knowledge of Solidworks).
- 24 days holiday